Stay connected with your loved ones in the Philippines even when you are abroad through the Sun Cellular International Roaming service. All Sun Subscribers, postpaid or prepaid, can use this service to make their Sun numbers still be used outside the country to receive and send texts messages, dial and answer calls.
However, Sun services such as call and text promos as well as internet promos won’t be available while roaming. Instead, Zonal roam rates applies. Making and receiving calls are charged per minute and sending messages are charged per text but of limited characters (*per 160 characters) only.
How to Activate Sun Cellular Roaming
- For Sun Prepaid Subscribers, simply text ROAM ON to 222.
- For Sun Postpaid Subscribers, call the Sun Hotline 200 using your mobile phone or (02) 395-8000 using landline.
Make sure to activate the roaming services a day before your flight. Upon arrival to the destination country, turn off your phone and turn it back on again to update the location. The phone you are using should automatically connect to the network partner in your area.
When you are already back in the Philippines, don’t forget to deactivate your roaming service. Just text ROAM OFF to 222.
How to Call
- To call a mobile number in the Philippines, dial in this format: International Access Code + Country Code + 3 Digit Mobile Access Code + 7 Digit Mobile Number. Example: +63 923 1234567
- To call a landline in the Philippines, dial: International Access Code + Country Code + Area Code + Landline Number. Example: + 63 2 7654321
- To call a mobile number in the same country, dial: Mobile Access Code + Mobile Number. Example: 555 7654321
- To call a landline in the same country, dial: Local Area Code + Landline Number. Example: 213 765 4312
- To call another roamer, dial: International Access Code + Country Code + Mobile Access Code + Mobile Number. Example: + 63 923 1234567
How to Text
To send a text message, simply send it in the number format: International Access Code + Country Code + Mobile Access Code + Mobile Number. Example: Send the message to + 63 923 1234567.
It is advisable to maintain at least ₱100 load balance to keep your roaming service active. When your balance falls below that, you should receive a notification from Sun reminding you to top up your load. Otherwise, it shall be deactivated in a given period.
Sun Cellular International Roaming Rates
|Zone||Outgoing Calls||Incoming Calls||Outgoing Texts||Incoming Texts||Data Per 10KB|
|America and Middle East||₱115||₱50||₱18||No charge||₱3|
|Asia, Europe, Oceania and Africa||₱145||₱65||₱23||No charge||₱5|
That was the guide on How to Activate Sun Cellular Roaming and additional useful information. Should you have any questions, you may contact Sun Cellular or drop your thoughts on the comment section.